Certified Cyber Forensics Professional
The CCFP certification indicates expertise in forensics techniques and procedures, standards of practice, and legal and ethical principles to assure accurate, complete, and reliable digital evidence admissible in a court of law. It also indicates the ability to apply forensics to other information security disciplines, such as e-discovery, malware analysis, or incident response.
CCFP addresses more experienced cyber forensics professionals who already have the proficiency and perspective to effectively apply their cyber forensics expertise to a variety of challenges. In fact, many new CCFP professionals likely hold one or more other digital forensics certifications.
Given the varied applications of cyber forensics, CCFP professionals can come from an array of corporate, legal, law enforcement, and government occupations, including:
- Digital forensic examiners in law enforcement to support criminal investigations
- Cybercrime and cybersecurity professionals working in the public or private sectors
- Computer forensic engineers & managers working in corporate information security
- Digital forensic and e-discovery consultants focused on litigation support
- Cyber intelligence analysts working for defense/intelligence agencies
- Computer forensic consultants working for management or specialty consulting firms.